Published! A Dream Materialised...



My name in print... I reflect on this fact, hardly daring to believe that it has finally happened. Up until now, it's been one of those far away fantasies that begin with "One day..." Even though I know that I put in the research, the typing of each word, the editing, and proofreading by my awesome sister... Even though I know all of this, it's hard to believe that "One Day" has finally become "Today".

I sincerely thank the production staff at Cottman McCann for printing my non-fiction article "The Clock Tower, the Gun, and the Boat: A Walk on the History Side of Mangochi" in Ulendo Magazine.

I chose to write the piece as an alternative perspective of the Malawian lakeside town called Mangochi. I was fortunate to get an opportunity to spend some time in the area, taking in the sights and having a ton of fun finding stories! Malawi is a beautiful country, and I'm glad that a new corner of my country will be read about by passionate travellers from around the world. I am humbled to have been a part of that.

Next time you're passing through Malawi, whether in a flight, restaurants, car hires or travel agencies, flip through a free copy of Ulendo Magazine. You're sure to discover something new.

And if anyone has tips on how to get this goofy grin off my face, please let me know. On second thoughts, it's just fine where it is!

The best part is, it is only the beginning.

Thank you God Almighty, through You all things are possible.

------------------------


Read my article here: "The Clock Tower, The Gun and the Boat"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Black Panther Is Changing Blackness

3 Updates You Must Make to Your CV Before Applying

Coronavirus: A View From Malawi